WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world and has 1.6 bn active users worldwide. The reason for its popularity is that it is easy to use, allows sharing multimedia files, contacts, and even live location easily. It even allows users to make audio and video calls to any corner of the world for free! WhatsApp boasts about its end-to-end encryption system and high-end security policies. One such policy restricts a user from sending a message to unsaved numbers on WhatsApp.
This restriction plays out to be a major hindrance for businesses that depends on WhatsApp for customer relationship management and needs to send out messages to a large number of customers and potential leads.
How to Send Message to Unsaved Number on WhatsApp
Though the WhatsApp restriction does not allow you to send messages to unsaved numbers, there is a workaround to this issue. There is a way you can send a WhatsApp text to someone without actually having to save their number on the phone. The process may seem a bit cumbersome, but it works for both Android and iOS phones.
Here are the steps to send messages to the unsaved number on WhatsApp for Android Users:
1 . Open your browser and copy and paste this link http://wa.me/xxxxxxxxxx, or this link — http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=xxxxxxxxxx in the address bar.
2. Now replace ‘xxxxxxxxxx’, with the recipient’s phone number along with the country code, so if the number you want to message is +919123456789 then the link becomes http://wa.me/919123456789. Over here, the first two digits (91) is India’s country code followed by the mobile number of the person. You can replace the country code as per requirement.
3. Once you have made the necessary changes in the link, tap enters to open the link.
4. Next, you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp webpage with the recipient’s phone number and a green Message button. Tap the green message button and you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp.
5. And that’s how you can WhatsApp to unsaved numbers.
How to send a WhatsApp Message to a non-contact via Siri Shortcuts
For iPhone users, this method is a bit complicated. This uses Siri Shortcuts, which is an app made by Apple that works on devices running iOS 12 or newer versions. Follow the steps to send messages to unsaved number on WhatsApp without adding contact via Siri Shortcuts.
1 . Download the Siri Shortcuts app and open the app.
2. Open the Gallery tab on the bottom right. Now add any shortcut you like, and run it once.
3. Next, go to Settings > Shortcuts > enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts. This will allow you to run Siri Shortcuts from anyone, so make sure to download shortcuts made by people you trust, and even if you download random shortcuts, inspect the steps involved to be sure it does what you expect.
4. Next, open this link on your iPhone and click the Get Shortcut button to download it.
5. You’ll now be redirected to the Shortcuts app. Tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
6. Following this, you can open the Shortcuts app and look for the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut in the My Shortcuts tab. You can either run it from here or tap the three dots icon at the top of the shortcut > then tap Add to Home Screen to create a quick launch shortcut on the home screen.
7. Once you run this, you will be asked to enter the recipient’s number. Enter the number along with the country code and you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp with a new message window open.
How to send a WhatsApp Message to a non-contact using SocialEpoch
If you feel the methods shared for Android and iOS are too complex for you, you still have one of the most effective methods that don’t require you to follow any hacks. Here is how you can send messages to unsaved numbers on WhatsApp in three easy steps:
1 . Download SocialEpoch from the Play store.
2. Setup your account which takes less than 30- seconds.
3. You simply fill in the contact number and the message and click on the message bubble to send a message to the unsaved recipient.
Yes! SocialEpoch makes it that easy for you to WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers.
SocialEpoch is a CRM-based marketing automation tool that is based on WhatsApp and provides you features such as simultaneous 10 user accounts, bulk messaging, auto-reply, smart task management, smart chatbot, data synchronization, account activity monitoring, keyword detect and multilingual translator.
With SocialEpoch, you do not have any restrictions to send messages to unsaved numbers on WhatsApp. In fact, you can send messages to a large number of people using bulk messaging. SocialEpoch allows you to import contacts from CVS of .xls files and save you the effort of entering each contact individually. Learn more about its features here.