According to Statista, as of January 2022, Facebook ranked first in the MAU rankings of all social media worldwide, followed by Youtube, while WhatsApp was in the top three with over 2 billion MAU, which is also well-deserved to be the king of global instant messaging Apps.
From WhatsApp, to WhatsApp Business for small businesses, to WhatsApp Business API for larger and medium-sized businesses, to WhatsApp Cloud API launched this May, it is not surprised to see it developing into such a huge ecosystem today.
Why Your Business Should Use WhatsApp
WhatsApp is not widely used in all countries yet, but it is already a popular social app outperforming all other similar social channels in more than 180 countries, with over two billion active monthly users sending more than 100 million messages a day.
Marketing needs to be where the customer is. From the business side, one-to-one social interaction reconstructs the form of communication between customers and enterprises, which helps to build a thriving community and gain the trust and favor of customers. On the consumer side, people also tend to use such a simple and direct way to communicate with businesses to get faster and more convenient access to products and services.
WhatsApp Messenger, or WhatsApp for short, was launched in 2009 to show the status of users’ personal contacts, but since then its instant messaging feature has grown rapidly with its simplicity.
WhatsApp has many advantages:
- Simplicity. WhatsApp so far has only three main features: Chat, Status, and Call. For users who are faced with a huge amount of content every day, less is more. Simplicity means efficiency.
- Sign up with phone number only. That means your phone number is naturally bound with your WhatsApp account. With a phone number as a unique personal ID, each user can be searched and targeted precisely.
- It keeps all your messages, group chats, voice calls, and video calls in one place.
But WhatsApp had no back-end interface and was clearly underpowered in the Business environment, so WhatsApp Business was born.
Whatsapp Business launched in 2018, is also free to download and use, and has a nearly identical interface to WhatsApp that breaks down many of the barriers to commercialization, enabling many small and medium-sized businesses to do so:
- Log in on a cell phone and four other devices
- Create stores, with payments feature in India and Brazil
- Create the product catalog, set up the automatic reply and working time, etc. .
But like WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business also doesn’t have a back-end interface. Once the Business expands and the number of products and employees starts to grow, it’s hard to keep up with the demands of the Business. And that seems to have laid the groundwork for the birth of the WhatsApp Business API.
#WhatsApp Business API
The fee-based WhatsApp Business API was officially launched the year after WhatsApp Business launched. It is designed for large and medium-sized enterprises as a bridge for effective communication.
- Set up transaction reminders and push notifications
- Create message templates to send bulk messages instantly
- Chats can be assigned to users within the team
- It also supports unlimited simultaneous log-in and can be used on numerous devices, permitting larger teams and user access.
- WhatsApp API account can be integrated with a WhatsApp Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. For example, the SocialEpoch WhatsApp CRM.
The WhatsApp Business API provides a bridge for effective communication between large and medium-sized enterprises and their customers. Businesses can connect with all customers around the world safely and easily with it today.
The WhatsApp Cloud API, released in this May, can be considered a Cloud version of the WhatsApp Business API, and it can be applied directly to Meta officials and is now free. It allows you to implement WhatsApp Business APIs without the cost of hosting of your own servers and also allows you to more easily scale your business messaging.
The WhatsApp Business API is more appropriate for large companies, particularly in the finance and technology industries, because it is internally deployed with additional features such as security enhancements and identity changes, while for small and medium enterprises, the WhatsApp Cloud API is a more affordable option.
As the available area of WhatsApp Pay continues to expand, WhatsApp-based services will be increasingly rich and developed so that both merchants and customers will be increasingly inseparable from such a convenient app for connecting.
Whatsapp marketing is all about user-centric interaction, and the insight into user personas and preferences based on the interaction process.
- Auto Reply, Auto Translation, Smart Chatbot: customers can get timely and efficient feedback
- Smart Group Chat, Automatic Lead Assignment, User Journey: ensure customer experience by empowering support team.
- Statistic Dashboard, Agent Management, Data Masking: more intuitive and secure data recording
- Chat Histoty, User Personas, CDP: for companies, the value of the customer lies not only in the products mentioned in the chat, but also in the silent inclination expressed by their actions.
Check more powerful features at SocialEpochand start promoting your business with WhatsApp CRM Integration and make WhatsApp a powerful channel for increasing revenue.